Like many people who travel into Los Angeles, you might find yourself stuck on a layover and your connecting flights aren’t for several hours. Worse yet, your next flight isn’t until tomorrow and you have all of this luggage and are wondering what you could possibly do that is fun while dragging your luggage around with you in the city. You’re thinking about a taxi or an Uber and having to throw all of your luggage in the trunk just to get it right back out to take it with you into a restaurant to eat. Or your dream is to do the Hollywood Walk of Fame down Hollywood Boulevard to view over 2,500 terrazzo and brass stars, but your walk consisting of you rolling your luggage over each star isn’t exactly what you had in mind.
Well, you can take on the adventures of LA and leave your luggage behind. With luggage storage in LAX, you can get into that Uber or go into that restaurant with just you and none of your burdening baggage.
Table of Contents
How to Store Your Luggage in LAX
Storing your luggage in LAX couldn’t be easier. Although there are no luggage lockers offered in the LAX airport, there are multiple locations to store your luggage near LAX, with new locations being added regularly to make it as easy as possible to store your bags for the time needed and do the things you desire to do while you are in LA. There are just four easy steps to storing your luggage so you don’t have to worry about your bags:
- Search online the best and most convenient location for you.
- Book that location online and instantly receive a reservation so you have guaranteed availability in that space.
- Go to that store, show your reservation, and drop off your luggage.
- Hit the streets of LA, luggage free!
Where to Store Your Luggage
The reason for many locations to store luggage is to ensure you can have the best location in order to accomplish all that you have planned in your time in LA. The best part about all these locations, is that together they cover all hours of the day so you don’t have to worry about there being times where you can’t drop off your luggage. Most of the luggage storage options are local restaurants and stores, making them easily accessible for everyone. These locations do not have luggage lockers, so keep that in mind while you think about storing your luggage.
Although there are many locations around the city, here are some locations right near LAX that are convenient for your long layover:
- LAX North Storage Spot is a UPS location and is open at 9:00 a.m. and closes at 7:00 p.m. There are some days the hours differ so make sure you take a look before booking.
- LAX Storage Spot is also another UPS store, opening at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 6:30 p.m. This is also a highly rated location scoring a 4.8 out of 5.0.
- LAX Storage Spot is in a Smoke Shop open later for your late connecting flight. It opens at 9:00 a.m. and closes at 10:00 p.m. while also scoring a 5.0 rating.
- LAX Storage spot is a little further away than the rest but it is open 24 hours so you do not have to worry about what time you decide to pick up or drop off your luggage.
Storing it isn’t just made simple by location. It is just $5.90 per bag for a 24-hour period. That’s similar to the price of a cup of coffee. Also, there are no limits on the size of your luggage, so even if you are one of those packers that can’t seem to travel light, you have plenty of options to drop off that heavy baggage and adventure into LA. It also is provided with security seals and $10,000 insurance. I’m not sure how it gets any better with luggage storage in LAX.
Places to go Luggage Free
You got it dropped off in safe storage and you are now ready to see all the hype of LA. Here some must see places near LAX that give you a little taste of the city of LA:
- Manhattan Beach Pier: this is only a 10-minute taxi ride from the airport where you can take in breathtaking views of the ocean off the pier or rent a cruising bike and pedal the ocean coastal path.
- In-N-Out Burger is a classic burger joint located near the airport. You can also play a round of golf nearby at the Westchester Golf Course or hit the driving range to let out some steam.
- Venice Boardwalk to the place to soak up LA culture and fun. See sand sculptures, palm readers, and artists fill the boardwalk keeping you entertained the whole way.
- Santa Monica Place is the area best known for shopping and high-end dining. Take a walk down to the pier and visit the West Coast’s only amusement park that is located on a pier.
- Marina Del Ray is a harbor for man-made small boats and the largest in the U.S. Take a scroll down the docks and admire these beautiful boats while enjoying a break from the hustle and bustle of the LAX airport.
Knowledge is Power
You now know everything you need to know about the best luggage storage near LAX. You learned how to easily store your luggage with four simple steps, and you learned about some of the top places to store your luggage right near the airport. You even know the details, such as how much a bag costs, if size of luggage matters, and the hours of locations. You also know some of the best attractions near the airport that give you a small glimpse of the creative life in the city of Los Angeles. There is no excuse to just sit at the airport guarding your luggage while missing out on what’s happening in the city around you. Take what you have learned and use luggage storage near LAX to make the most of your time in LA.