Human growth hormone for kids, also known as HGH, can be found in the pituitary gland. This in turn can be found at the base of your brain, and it consists of small lobes. It helps kids grow and evolve.
Sometimes children get diagnosed with growth hormone (GH) deficiency. In this case, we can offer a growth hormone injection treatment at HGH Vallarta. This includes a visit to a doctor, with a medical checkup and a description, tailor-made for your child. Our fully certified doctor will run several tests as well, to confirm a growth hormone deficiency.
The treatment has hardly any side effects, and it is a secure and helpful way to treat growth hormone shortage.
What is growth hormone deficiency?
A growth hormone deficiency is when a child’s body is not producing enough growth hormone. Therefore, the child does not grow at a pace expected for a child of that age.
We can distinguish between two different kinds of growth hormone deficiency.
- Congenital growth hormone deficiency: Some babies are born with this variation of GH deficiency. This means that the condition occurred before birth. It is quite possible that they have difficulty with other hormones. Nonetheless, it can take up to 6 or 12 months before symptoms start to appear. Until that time, they can grow fully normal.
- Acquired growth hormone deficiency: In this case, the child’s body just stops producing sufficient growth hormone. There is no specific time frame for this to happen when a child is growing up. It can even happen during birth.
What can cause a GH deficiency in a child?
The cause of a GH deficiency can often be diagnosed. In case a doctor can diagnose a GH deficiency, it often shows that there is damage to the pituitary gland. In some cases, the hypothalamus gland can cause the problems. This gland can also be found in the brain, and it controls many bodily functions. One of the functions it does control is the delivery of (growth) hormones from the pituitary gland.
It is also possible that a GH deficiency can be a factor in a genetic syndrome. A tumor in the brain, an injury to the head, or treatment with radiation to the head can contribute to a growth hormone deficiency.
What are the symptoms of GH deficiency in children?
Symptoms of GH deficiency in children are usually detected by regular check-ups by a doctor. Notably, the most important indication of a GH deficiency can be observed after a child turns 3 years old. This indication is slow height growth for several years in a row. An average 1.4 inches or 3.5 cm loss of height growth per year is being used.
This can be easily observed because a child’s height is less than other children of the same age. This goes by the name of short stature.
It is also possible to observe the following signs or symptoms.
- The child looks younger compared to other children of its age.
- A body with a bulky build.
- Frail muscles.
- Some boys can have a small penis when they are born.
- Hair growth is impaired.
- Blood sugars can be low.
- Puberty is slowed down.
One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the child’s intelligence is not affected by a growth hormone deficiency.
How can you diagnose growth deficiency?
Growth deficiency can be diagnosed in a few different ways. Your child may need to see a pediatric endocrinologist, a doctor who is specialized in children’s growth and hormones. Questions about the child’s and family health history and the child’s growth will be asked, and an exam will be ordered.
Tests can be one or more of the following.
- Blood tests – Various hormone levels, including growth hormone levels are checked. This can be difficult because growth hormones come in spurts, mostly at night. Other times they cannot be detected at all. For this reason, it can happen that blood tests are done when a material is given to the child that elevates growth hormone quantities.
As an alternative, the doctor can check the quantity of two other proteins. These have more solid levels and are indicators of growth hormone tasks. These proteins are IGF-I and IGFPB-3.
- X-rays – Typically the wrist and hand of your child will be x-rayed. Now the bone age of the child can be determined in years. If the real age is higher compared to the bone age estimate, GH deficiency is a possibility.
- CT scan – This CT scan is more comprehensive compared to x-rays.
- MRI – This allows the pituitary gland and/or the brain to be examined in detail and see if there is a problem that causes the GH deficiency.
Buy growth hormone for kids
At HGH Vallarta we offer great prices for HGH or human growth hormone. When the pituitary gland is not producing enough growth hormone, a growth hormone therapy is what may help your child. It will improve symptoms related to GH deficiency. The therapy is done with daily injections of growth hormone. Results can be observed within 3 to 4 months after starting the therapy. The sooner the therapy is started, the better the outcome is likely going to be. Your child is likely to grow to a height that is expected in your family.
Come and visit our Vallarta clinic. The prices we can offer are the best you can find. Coming down to Vallarta, seeing our doctor, receiving the description, and returning home will turn out to be cheaper compared to buying HGH in the States.
You will have to visit us, since a prescription is required for bringing your child’s HGH therapy cycle across the US border. With our expertise, we can help to improve your child’s life. With the therapy, your child can live a regular life with good health. The therapy can continue until the child’s growth is back to normal. This can be mid or late teens.
Come and visit us, our consultation is free of charge!